The TOEIC® exam
of English for International Communication is produced by ETS® (Educational Testing Service).
TOEIC test questions are based on real-life work settings in an international environment (meetings, travel, telephone conversations, etc).
What is the TOEIC® test like?
There are two separate parts to the TOEIC test. You can do one or both parts.
- The Listening and Reading test is a paper based test taken in a public test centre or insitution.
- The Speaking and Writing test is an online test that is taken in a test centre and takes approximately 80 minutes.
Both tests can be taken in test centres in more than 150 countries.
What about scores?
The TOEIC Reading and Listening gives a score between 10 and 990:
- 905 - 990 International Proficiency
- 785 – 900 Working Proficiency Plus
- 605 – 780 Limited Working Proficiency
- 405 – 600 Elementary Proficiency Plus
- 255 – 400 Elementary Proficiency
- 185 – 250 Memorised Proficiency
- 10 – 180 No Useful Proficiency
TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests are scored out of 200.
Click here to see a table comparing the different exams related to their CEF level.
How much does it cost to take TOEIC?
Fees are set by test centres.
Expect to pay around $140 USD for each component (Listening and Reading / Speaking and Writing).
TOEIC Bridge is an easier version of the exam. As a fair and objective measure of English proficiency for beginning to lower-intermediate level learners, the TOEIC Bridge test enables you to verify your current level of English-language proficiency, set your own goals and monitor your progress in learning English. The test examines comprehensive Listening and Reading skills and prepares you for the next level of English-language learning.