Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Reading
level: C1 / advanced
What is the CAE Reading test like?
The test has four sections and takes 75 minutes:
- Part 1 - three themed texts with multiple-choice questions
- Part 2 - text with 6 paragraphs mising
- Part 3 - long text with multiple-choice questions
- Part 4 - Multiple matching
There are 34 questions in the CAE Reading Test.
It makes up 20% of the entire exam.
How to prepare for the CAE Reading test
- Read widely. The texts used in the CAE reading can be: newspapers, magazines, journals, non-literary books, leaflets, brochures, etc
- Read the instructions carefully before you start
- Read all the text before you answer any questions
- Remember that questions come in the same order as the answers in the text in the multiple-choice part of the paper.