Cambridge English: C1 Advanced (CAE) Listening
level: C1 / advanced
What is The C1 AdvancedListening test like?
The test has four sections and takes about 40 minutes:
- Part 1 - three short extracts from conversations with multiple-choice questions
- Part 2 - Sentence completion
- Part 3 - conversation with multiple-choice questions
- Part 4 - Multiple matching
There are 30 questions in The C1 AdvancedListening Test.
It makes up 20% of the entire exam.
How to prepare for The C1 AdvancedListening test
- Listen! The more English you listen to the better your will do. Listen to the radio, English language TV, podcasts...
- Recordings may be: monologues: announcements, radio broadcasts, speeches, talks, lectures, anecdotes, etc.; or interacting speakers: radio broadcasts, interviews, discussions, etc.
- You will hear the audio twice
- Read the instructions carefully before you start
- You have time to read the questions before you hear the audio
- Think about the topic, the speaker(s) and the context as you read the questions.