The TOEIC Listening and Reading test
The Listening and Reading test takes 2.5 hours and has two sections:
Where can I take the test?
The TOEIC Listening and Reading test is a paper and pencil test and can be taken in different centres
Who is it for?
The Test is used by organisations to determine whether an employee is suitable for a particular task. If you work or want to work for a large organisation, particularily in Asia, then the TOEIC test will be useful to you.
In some countries you can also take a Speaking and Writing exam along with the Reading and Listening.
What about scores?
The TOEIC Reading and Listening gives a score between 10 and 990:
- 905 - 990 International Proficiency
- 785 – 900 Working Proficiency Plus
- 605 – 780 Limited Working Proficiency
- 405 – 600 Elementary Proficiency Plus
- 255 – 400 Elementary Proficiency
- 185 – 250 Memorised Proficiency
- 10 – 180 No Useful Proficiency
How much does it cost to take TOEIC Listening and Reading?
Fees are set by test centres. Expect to pay around $85 USD.