TOEFL iBT® Speaking Task Types
- Explain a Choice - You will be asked to give your opinion about a familiar topic. Preparation time: 15 seconds. Response time: 45 seconds.
2. Campus Situation Topic: Fit and Explain
- A reading passage (75–100 words) presents a campus-related issue.
- A listening passage (60–80 seconds, 150–180 words) comments on the issue in the reading passage.
- The question asks the test taker to summarize the speaker’s opinion within the context of the reading passage. Preparation time: 30 seconds Response time: 60 seconds
3. Academic Course Topic: General/ Specific
Read a passage (75–100 words) about an academic subject such as a term or a concept. Then listen to part of a lecture on the same subject.
The question asks the test taker to combine and convey important information from the reading passage and the lecture excerpt. Preparation time: 30 seconds Response time: 60 seconds
4. Campus Situation Topic: Problem/ Solution
- Listen to part of a lecture on a single topic such as an issue or a concept. You will be asked to summarise the lecture.
- The question asks the test taker to demonstrate an understanding of the problem and to express an opinion about solving the problem. Preparation time: 20 seconds Response time: 60 seconds
TOTAL 17 minutes
ETS®, TOEFL®, TOEFL iBT® and TOEFL Junior® are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This web site is not endorsed or approved by ETS.
2021 © Exam English Ltd. ALL Rights Reserved.