A2 Key (KET) Listening
The Cambridge English: Key Listening paper has five parts. For each part you have to listen to a recorded text or texts and answer some questions. You hear each recording twice.
Time allowed - about 30 minutes
- Listening part 1: pictures with multiple choice questions
- Listening part 2: fill in a form
- Listening part 3: multiple choice
- Listening part 4: listen to five short texts
- Listening part 5: longer conversation and matching
The Listening section is worth 25% of the total score for the exam.
- Each of the 25 listening questions
scores 1 mark.
How to prepare for KEY Listening
- Read the instructions carefully before you start each section.
- Read the questions before you listen. You will hear the audio twice.
- Listen! The more English you listen to the better your will do. Listen to the radio, English language TV, podcasts...
- Learn how letters and numbers are pronounced.