Cambridge English: First ( FCE) Writing
level: B2 /Upper Intermediate
What is the First (FCE) Writing test like?
The test has two sections and takes about 80 minutes:
- Part 1 -write an essay based on prompts
- Part 2 - write one from a choice of 4 questions: an article, an essay, a letter, a report, a review, a story
Each part has the same number of marks
How to prepare for the First (FCE) Writing test
- Choose a question that you are interested in. You will write better if you know the subject.
- Read the instructions carefully before you start. Make notes. You must include all the points in the instructions
- Make a plan before you start writing. Decide what information to put in each paragraph
- Think about who you are writing to and use an appropriate style of language
- Try to use a range of complex language
Read this explanation of how to write an article for FCE Writing part 2.