Time allowed - 10-12 minutes
Normally you will do the speaking test with another candidate. The two of you will meet two examiners. One of the examiners will talk to you, the other does not particpate in the conversations.
There are three parts to the speaking test:
Speaking part 1: short questions and answers between you and the examiner
Speaking part 2: look at a visual and discuss it with the other candidate
Speaking part 3: you have a 'long turn' to speak about a photograph for one minute
The Speaking section is worth 25% of the total score for the exam.
How to prepare for PET Speaking
- Read this article explaining how to do well in the speaking exam.
- Read the instructions carefully before you start each section.
- Speak as much as you can, with your friends
- Practise looking at photographs and speaking about them
- Listen! The more English you listen to the better your will do. Listen to the radio, English language TV, podcasts...